Image source: Lane Sharman, SDED Executive Director. Used with permission.
ABOUT THE SAN DIEGO ENERGY DISTRICT
SDED was formed in 2011 to put Community Choice on San Diego’s public agenda.
MISSION & VISION
SDED’s Mission is to accelerate the transition to a clean energy economy through 100% renewable, locally-generated electricity in San Diego County and other southern California communities.
SDED’s Vision is to achieve in San Diego and elsewhere in southern California an active competitive electricity marketplace, where customers of all sizes — homes, businesses, institutions, municipalities and others — can participate in community-based, publicly responsive community energy programs and thereby realize energy savings, climate change benefits and jobs through local clean energy management.
SDED pursues its Vision and Mission through:
- Active education and outreach on “Community Choice Aggregation” (CCA), a powerful tool provided under California law to create locally-responsive energy programs.
- Support for local communities seeking to implement CCA programs.
- Outreach to the business community, especially those most at risk due to continued increases in the rates of utility-provided electricity.
- Public discussion of the changes present and future in electricity markets, policy and regulation.
- Defending community rights to choose its electricity suppliers from repeal, infringement or other forms of disruption.
SDED is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Contributions to SDED are 100% tax deductible. Please donate.
Key personnel include: